The old Kenwood Observatory in Chicago belonged to the family of George Ellery Hale

The old Kenwood Observatory in Chicago belonged to the family of George Ellery Hale.  Its 12-inch refractor and spectroheliograph were moved to Yerkes Observatory. The original photograph was lent to the Observatory for its 50th anniversary celebration, September 6 and 7, 1941. The location of the original is unknown, but we have seen engravings made from this image. This print was made from the 1941 copy negative., Credit Line: Yerkes Observatory, University of Chicago, courtesy of AIP Emilio Segrè Visual Archives, Yerkes Observatory Collection
Abstract/Description: The old Kenwood Observatory in Chicago belonged to the family of George Ellery Hale. Its 12-inch refractor and spectroheliograph were moved to Yerkes Observatory. The original photograph was lent to the Observatory for its 50th anniversary celebration, September 6 and 7, 1941. The location of the original is unknown, but we have seen engravings made from this image. This print was made from the 1941 copy negative.
Subject(s): Observatories
Outdoors
Yerkes Observatory
Credit Line: Yerkes Observatory, University of Chicago, courtesy of AIP Emilio Segrè Visual Archives, Yerkes Observatory Collection
Catalog ID: Yerkes Observatory H20